Although I've made a pretty detailed list of the stuff I'd like to accomplish in this year, here's a brief synopsis of what I hope my year will look like:
1. Set-up personal website
2. Expand the WordPL team, both in terms of projects and writers/designers/researchers
3. Write for print publications –local and international
4. Revenue goals: incremental from $1000-$5000 every month achieved through a variety of ways including freelance projects for international and local clients, affiliate programs, e-books and other product lines, niche websites, AdSense revenue, residual income streams & more
1. Take a mini-vacation! ($$)
2. Embark on home improvement projects: new home office décor, house paint, new window installation, new flooring for some rooms ($$)
3. Buy a laptop (yeah this one's a must for any business owner and I've been procrastinating on it) ($$$)
4. Stay healthy! (flu shots for family, health insurance & other preventive measures) ($$)
5. Get daughter admitted in regular school for next semester ($$$)
6. Track finances via Google spreadsheet (I'm always at a loss as to my incoming and outgoing!)Several of these have already been put into motion, which is pretty darn good of me considering its still Jan 3rd, ha-ha.
If anyone wants to help me do any of the above or donate to the "Jafri2012" fund (yeah that’s when we believe an epoch will end) please note my PayPal account is email@example.com and acceptable currencies include dollar, euro, yen and Pak rupee.
p.s. This is obviously a (lame) attempt at publicizing my goals in an effort to make myself get off my hiny and actually do something! I will also put this list on a large poster-printout in front of my computer to see daily – I will obviously only do this if constantly reminded by you to do so. Remind me @salmajafri on Twitter